Rio Tinto has revealed its 2018 Argyle Pink Diamonds Tender in New York to collectors, connoisseurs and those in search of the incomparable, including the Argyle Muse™, the largest purplish red diamond ever offered at Tender.
Rio Tinto’s Argyle mine is the world’s only consistent source of rare pink, red and violet diamonds and the 2018 Argyle Pink Diamonds Tender is named ‘Magnificent Argyle’ in honour of Argyle’s role in charting the history of the world’s most coveted diamonds.
Rio Tinto Copper & Diamonds chief executive Arnaud Soirat said “I am delighted to be in New York, the epicentre for rare fancy coloured diamond collectors and a key market for Rio Tinto’s Argyle diamonds.
“This is our 34th Argyle Pink Diamonds Tender and the potency of colours in this collection is a testament to the extraordinary Argyle ore body – rare fancy coloured diamonds, created and limited by nature.
“The combination of strong demand and extremely limited world supply continues to support significant value appreciation for these stunning diamonds.”
The 63 diamonds in the 2018 Argyle Pink Diamonds Tender weigh a total of 51.48 carats – including five Fancy Red diamonds, two Purplish Red diamonds and three Violet diamonds.
The collection comprises six ‘hero’ diamonds selected for their unique beauty and named to ensure there is a permanent record of their contribution to the history of the world’s most important diamonds.
- Lot 1: Argyle Muse™, 2.28 carat oval shaped Fancy Purplish Red diamond
- Lot 2: Argyle Alpha™, 3.14 carat emerald shaped Fancy Vivid Purplish Pink diamond
- Lot 3: Argyle Maestro™, 1.29 carat square radiant shaped Fancy Vivid Purplish Pink diamond
- Lot 4: Argyle Alchemy™, 1.57 carat princess shaped Fancy Dark Gray-Violet diamond
- Lot 5: Argyle Odyssey™, 2.08 carat round brilliant shaped Fancy Intense Pink diamond
- Lot 6 : Argyle Mira™, 1.12 carat radiant shaped Fancy Red diamond
Following viewings in New York bids will close on 10 October 2018.